|Gilberto Barrientos works with coffee farmer Francis Castillo on a field plan.|
Over the past five years, we have been working in La Unión, Lempira, Honduras, to help farmers, their families, and the communities in which they live, achieve economic stability and well-being (bienestar, in Spanish). At Unión MicroFinanza, we want our employees to achieve the same stability and well-being!
For this reason, we are excited to announce our Bienestar Recurring Donor Drive, which will be running through the month of September!
What does the Bienestar Donor Drive support?
This donor campaign supports our employees through salaries and health insurance, office rent and materials, and motorcycle transportation to community villages. These costs are all fundamental to the functioning of our organization; without this funding, we cannot continue all of our programs, grow the organization, or maintain stability and efficiency. In order to cover these costs, we need to raise a minimum of $4,000 per month.
Including partners like you in our organization ensures the continued growth of our training, microloan and community development programs. Here are our key overall fundraising priorities:
- Current employee salaries -- $3,010 ($430 per employee) per month
- Motorcycle maintenance and transportation -- $170 per month
- Office (rent, Internet, and maintenance) -- $250 per month
- Staff health insurance -- $875 per month
How you can support us:
Become a monthly donation partner! We value all contributions, but it is through monthly donations that we achieve financial stability and are free to focus on the communities of La Unión. Below are some donation suggestions:
- $25 per month – Contribute to our rent for office space in La Unión
- $50 per month – Support one month of motorcycle transport to villages
- $100 per month – Support a week salary for a UMF employee